For property managers, building a social media presence may seem like a novel concept. However, crafting and maintaining an active social presence is not just a ‘nice-to-have’ for property managers - it’s a necessity in today’s digital world.
That’s because social media platforms are powerful channels that can help you reach more potential residents, increase your brand awareness, and gain valuable insights into your audience.
In Part 1 of this series, we share everything that property managers need to know about the benefits of building an engaging social media presence.
Social Media Presence 101
- The type of content you post
- How frequently you post
- How engaging your posts are
- How you engage with other accounts and users
- Who you follow
- Who follows you
The more visibility you have, the better your ability to build a strong relationship with your audience.
Benefits of an Active Social Media Presence
Social media is commonly perceived as a low-risk marketing channel that can boost brand awareness. Although the benefits you reap will largely depend on your unique goals, here are some of the key benefits that you can unlock:
- Build trust with your audience: In this industry, customers greatly value trust and transparency. By sharing updates on amenity upgrades, community events, and more, you can demonstrate your commitment to mutual respect and honesty.
- Reach new prospects: Social media allows you to reach a wider audience through the use of relevant #hashtags and keywords.
- Gain valuable insights into your audience: By seeing which content performs best with your target audience, you can see what they like, dislike, and care about, helping drive your other marketing efforts and provide more value to your customers.
- Convert engaged followers into residents: With an effective social media presence and strategy, you can convert followers into actual residents. By showing off your properties and the experiences they can offer, you can provide a virtual experience that helps prospective residents see themselves living in your community.
- Turn current residents into brand advocates: An active social media presence allows your residents to share their positive experiences, creating forms of social proof that you can leverage to drive more business.
Having shed light on the multiple benefits of an active social media presence, it’s clear that embracing different channels can help property managers find a competitive edge. From building trust and expanding your reach to fostering a greater sense of community, social media isn’t just a platform to showcase properties. It’s a powerful communication tool that creates conversation, presenting numerous opportunities for property managers to seize.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of this blog series, in which we share actionable tips and provide an overview of the different platforms so you can start supercharging your social media presence!
Partner with BuildingLink
Trusted by HOAs, co-ops, condominiums, and multifamily properties around the globe, BuildingLink helps property managers deliver superior resident experiences while streamlining maintenance and operations. We offer tools that will simplify your record-keeping and administration, communications, maintenance, and front desk operations.
When you’re ready for smarter property management, book your BuildingLink demo today.