In an age of generative-AI and smart devices, property managers shouldn’t be left behind. However, many property managers today are still spending too much time communicating effectively with residents. Many find themselves juggling multiple spreadsheets or trying to learn Mailchimp, while some front desks still rely on outdated, paper-based communication methods.
If you’re currently using any of those methods, this blog is for you. By freeing yourself from time-consuming manual processes, you’ll have more time for fostering better relationships with residents and improving the quality of community life. Plus, digital communications allow property managers to better monitor the reach of their messages, paving the way for data-driven strategy pivots.
Welcome to the era of automated communications!
The Old School Way
Image this scenario: you need to send out an important announcement to all the residents of a 100-unit highrise. This means 100 letters need to be printed, folded, enveloped, and then hand-delivered. That’s not just a significant cost in paper and ink but also an immense amount of time and effort—especially if you need to make multiple announcements a month!
Now imagine that you need to send a specific message to certain residents in your highrise, such as those who own pets. With older communication methods, this might require sifting through spreadsheets to identify all pet owners, and then delivering all individualized letters to the correct doors. Even with a platform like Mailchimp, property managers still need to individually identify specific types of users. These processes are painstaking and prone to mistakes. Beyond these drawbacks, consider the environmental impact of unnecessary paper waste. And after all that work, there’s no guarantee or way to check that the resident has even read the message!
Automate with BulidingLink’s Communication Solutions
Thanks to innovators like BuildingLink, property managers can breathe a sigh of relief. No more searching through spreadsheets, licking envelopes, or delivering letters by hand to every resident on every floor. Here’s how you can save precious time and streamline your resident communications:
- Email Templates & Distribution : Reach out to your residents based on specific categories, be it their role (owner or tenant), unique groups (like pet owners or committee members), or even by location within the building (specific floors or towers). BuildingLink provides a rich variety of customizable templates that not only elevate the aesthetics of your emails but also maximize engagement and readability. Available on the web site and staff mobile app.
- Pro Tip: For detailed communications like newsletters or policy updates, email blasts are the way to go.
- SMS & Voice Broadcasting: Similar to emails, you can target these based on occupant type, specific groups, or location. Additionally, BuildingLink grants you the ability to access comprehensive reports, shedding light on who received your broadcast, which messages ended up in voicemail, and which were interrupted.
- Pro Tip: When time is of the essence, dispatch prompt text and voice notifications.
- Announcements: Crafting and broadcasting announcements has never been simpler. With BuildingLink, your messages seamlessly appear on your building's public screens, the designated resident portal, and their mobile apps. To keep content fresh and relevant, the platform offers expiration settings.
- Pro Tip: Announcements are especially handy for reminding residents about upcoming community events or maintenance projects.
- Public Display: Replace the corkboard in your lobby and elevate your building's communication game. Showcase events from the calendar, facility reservations, captivating photos, real-time weather updates, transit schedules, enticing local deals, and even the latest news.
- Pro Tip: These are ideal for places with a consistent flow of residents, such as lobbies, mailrooms, or elevators.
Partner with BuildingLink
Trusted by HOAs, co-ops, condominiums, and multifamily properties around the globe, BuildingLink helps property managers deliver superior resident experiences while streamlining maintenance and operations. We offer tools that will simplify your record-keeping and administration, communications, maintenance, and front desk staff operations.
When you’re ready to run your community better, smarter, and faster, book your BuildingLink demo today.